CARS uses its people, process and technology solution to drive contacts with employers and students to obtain information regarding employment. Information is gathered through telephone and email contact, and faxes are used to secure documentation of employment. All calls are recorded and can be made available to the Client. All email correspondence is tracked, time/date-stamped, and made available to the Client.
Why is placement verification important?
- The U.S. Department of Education and national accrediting commissions require the compilation and reporting of job placement statistics, and that the information must be verifiable.
- Students and families are becoming increasingly interested in what outcomes they can expect from their investment, so maximizing contacts with students and employers is critical.
- Third-party verification and documentation of such verification (through call recordings and online forms/faxes) creates an audit trail of institutional compliance with the program integrity and disclosure regulations and provides executive management with confidence in the accuracy of data being reported.
Why choose a third party verifier?
- Violations in these areas are among the “Top Ten” Department of Education Program Review Findings so having detailed and accurate verification is critical
- Accrediting Commissions are evaluating supporting documentation of employment and misinformation could affect accreditation
- Consumer organizations are reviewing claims for fraud, so detailed documentation from a third party is key
Data Collection to Support Compliance
Our Student Information Specialists ask detailed questions to help determine if the placement was “in the field” to support placement classifications and probe to obtain clarification when job titles or start dates are ambiguous.
Instance Access to Data Reporting
CARS provides dashboard reporting to include summary information of placements verified that can be sorted by program, submission date, month, quarter or year, with clickable complete information and an exportable detail file, providing ongoing placement verification clients with extensive tracking and reporting options.
Gain Valuable Insight
The student employment verification process is an ideal time to collect valuable data to assist your school’s career center with future placements. Beyond verifying student employment, we identify ‘friendly employers’ who have hired multiple graduates as well as request information about other open positions within the company to report back to the career center.
Utilized by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) for independent third-party employment data verification. Approved by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). CARS is also a recognized Third Party Servicer with the U.S. Department of Education.